Tuesday, December 11, 2012

PRAYERS...

The power of Prayer is amazing!!!
I have so much to be thankful for and I can't even begin to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
 
I am part of a support group on Face book for SCCC (Small Cell Cervical Cancer) and LCCC (Large Cell Cervical Cancer) a few months ago they posted about the Allyson Whitney Foundation Inc.
I submitted all my necessary information and my essay to the foundation, I got a call yesterday from the foundation Representative telling me I was chosen and they were going to be sending me the Grant.  After a few questions and exchange of some information all was complete. I can't believe it!!! I am so thankful for all this, it's so wonderful. The money will go to the rest of my medical bills. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful and appreciative I am.  I know I have been praying and so have many of you.  I thank you so much for that! :)
Please continue sending prayers up, I know he hears us.
 
On November 5th I had my last Radiation treatment and exam by Dr. Zaky. 
She is my Radiation Oncologist.  When she did my final exam post treatment (this includes a physical) she found a spot on the left at the surgical site.  She descirbed it as either a suture with scar tissue formed around it, or just scar tissue.  She wanted me to see Dr. Borst my Gynecology Oncologist/Surgeon for a second opinion.
 
Today was that day. I have been a nervous wreck for the past three days and my emotions have been running at an all time HIGH! ha ha I went in thinking I was going to be seeing Michelle, Dr. Borst's PA.  As all my treatment and appointments are usually with her. So when I called her today to let her know The Allyson Whitney Foundation Inc. would be calling her today to have the last few questions answered, she asked me if I was in the office.  I was surprised by this, since my chemo appointment today wasn't until 2pm. After sounding shocked and saying "no" she asked I come in about 1145am, as Dr. Borst wouldn't be in the office for a full day and the exam would be with him.
I hung up freaking out...as I was thinking it has to be bad news if I need to see my Surgeon again. I went in and saw Michelle PA first, she did the exam and said she saw just what Dr. Zaky had and she too thought it was just scar tissue, she was going to biopsy it, but wanted to talk to Dr. Borst first.
He came in the room and said it was great to see me and knew I would be holding up well. He then said he wanted to be the one to take a look and see what was going on.  He did another exam and said he saw just what everyone else had. He complimented Dr. Zaky for looking so closely as the spot they are looking at is about the size of a BB. He did the biopsy and said he believes it is just scar tissue that was radiated, but wanted to make sure.  He did the biopsy and will send it off to Pathology.  I will have the results back within 5-7 business days. Please continue to pray for a good Pathology report.  Please pray it is just scar tissue like Dr. Borst thinks.
After seeing Dr. Borst and having my exam, I felt as though a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  I have been saying my prayers it's not Cancer. I will continue to say my prayers. 
 
I think that about wraps things up. I am sorry to not post often and then all of a sudden 3 back to back! ha ha :)
 
I love you!
 
Tata

No comments:

Post a Comment