Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Year for the Books...

HELLO! :)
 
Sorry it's been awhile since I have posted. I got a few texts messages from some of you this past week wondering how I was doing.  SO I figured its past time of updating.
 
Last week (specifically the 2nd, 3rd and 4th) was my 5th round. What a way to bring in the new year! :) I have HIGH hopes this year is going to be nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!  However, It never fails the day before my first day of each round I get really anxious and my nausea kicks in.  I am almost positive this happens because I know whats in store for me. I know whats about to happen and how I am going to feel. This 5th round wasn't all that bad.  I still sike myself up it though. I just knew this round was going to suck.  My infusion was on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  Then I have a few days to feel like crap.  Then I get my neulasta shot on Monday.  Why does this suck you ask....the neulasta shots make my body hurt.  It feels like I have the flu with body aches but the ache is x3!!  So about the time I start feeling good from my infusion I get the shot and now I have to deal with the body aches. This should last a few days and then I'll be in the clear.  :) So I have probably today and tomorrow of feeling crumming and all achy before I'm back to my new normal. Just in time for all the BIRTHDAY parties!!! :) We have  five birthday Parties this month to celebrate, MINE INCLUDED, all within a weeks time!!! I will be the dreaded 28 years old. BLAH! Oh well at least I am not 30 huh Dustin!!! ha ha
 
I know the last time I posted (or one of the last times I posted) I had mentioned how my doctors are possibly wanting to add 4 more rounds.  We still don't have any answers on this.  I will have more information on the 21st.  My last and final round with Chemo will be on 01.23.13.  This is about 2 days earlier than what my last rounds have been.  My rounds now are 3 days of infusion, 4th day injection then off for 21 days.  My last round actually falls on a Wednesday, but they are allowing me to have it on Monday which puts it 2 days early.  I am excited to get it done.  I will have a PET scan done at some point after the 23rd, I just don't know when yet. This will again tell me that I am cancer free! :)  I will follow up ever 3 months to make sure my scans continue to come back clear. They say your in remission when you have been cancer free for two years.  I however say I am cancer free from the day my PET Scan is clear. :) Once I see my doctor on 01.21.13 I will then know more about when my PET Scan will be done, and if I have to do the extra 4 rounds, Also I will know when I am released to return back to work.  I never thought I would be excited to get back to my job.  I am ready for the daily routine more so than the actual job! It will just be nice to be doing SOMETHING during the day! :)
 
I am even planning a "I KICKED CANCERS ASS" Party!!  So let this be your save the date notices, without a date! ha ha :) I'll keep you posted on that when I have a date nailed down! This time we are going BIG!!! ha ha so you all better have your party pants on and be ready to celebrate! I expect you all to be there too! :) None of this "I'll be there" and then not showing up...you know who you are!!! I won't call you out, let this be your warning now!
 
That's about all for now, keep saying your prayers as they are greatly appreciated! :) I can't thank you enough for all the love and support you all have shown me and my family in our time of need.  I truly have surrounded myself with nothing but the most amazing people we have on planet earth! :) Here's to 2013 and a FANTASTIC year!!! :) I know, and I have a strong feeling this is going to be a year for the books! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment