Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Round One

HELLO!!! :)
 
It's Tanya this time, writing to update everyone on how my progress is going.
 
I have Radiation for 28 business days, which will end on 10/31/12.  Radiation will be 28 minutes a day.  WELL today I went in for my 3rd treatment of radiation and with each treatment they do a CT Scan prior to actually starting radiation to make sure my intestines are all in the right spot and aren't in the treatment field.  To my surprise (and I never knew this before now) that your intestines move all over your abdomen all the time! Wow!! When I went in for my treatment my radiation team did 3 CT Scans, all in which didn't line up.  Dr. Zaky my Radiation Oncologist didn't feel comfortable radiating me since I wasn't lining up correctly. I was on the table for about an hour and let me just say IT''S GOT TO BE THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE TABLE POSITION IN THE WORLD!!! They finally said "we have tormented you enough"ha ha I will still go back tomorrow at 730am for what will be my 3rd radiation treatment, since I don't have Chemotherapy tomorrow we will have more time to figure out what is going on and possibly get me lined up and treated. I am not sure what they will do, but Dr. Zaky will be speaking with a physicists and they will figure out what to do with me and these crazy intestines of mine! :) ha ha
 
So off to Chemo I go today...Yesterday wasn't a bad day, but I was nauseous all day, without much of an appetite.  I had one bite of a bagel that I am almost positive it took me about 30 minutes to chew it up and swallow the one bite! I gave up on the bagel at that point. ha ha I had about 5-10 crackers throughout the rest of the day and water. I am not sure if it was the radiation, all the vitamins or chemo or the combination of ALL OF IT...So today I tried a few things different.  I split all my medications up into three times of the day, so I am not taking so much at one time. Then I didn't have radiation today, and I had Chemo today, and when all is said and done I feel so much better!! Tomorrow will tell...
 
Chemo went great today, I was a little sleepy, so I slept the whole 2 hours! ha ha poor mom!!! :) I feel great today! I have an appetite again and I had a delicious lunch with mom today! :) I took a big bite of my sandwich and I was in heaven! I am praying and have high hopes that this is the worst I will feel throughout this whole process!!  Round ONE of Chemo is done! Yay!!! One step closer to recovery!!! :) They did tell me that Day One I will feel great and not think they did anything to me, it was my long 6 hour chemo day too...I did I felt great after day one.  Day Two and Three they said I will feel a little tired and run down, which yesterday I did, not so much today.  Then they said days four, five and six I will feel my worst.  So we will see what tomorrow brings. Day Seven and on I should feel better and better with each day that passes until my second day of my second round.  Hears to feeling great!!! :)
 
I think that's all for now.  SO Sorry it's been awhile since I have posted anything.  I am going to try and post at least one a week! :) SO keep an eye on the blog for updates!
 
For those of you that have ordered bracelets, I am sorry to say the Zebra ones came in and were nothing like the proof they sent for me to approve.  So we are sending them back and hopefully getting our money back.  We only have TEAL, which I promise you the Teal are still VERY CUTE!!! :) Please let me know if you want teal or your money back.  Also that being said if you ordered a bracelet and haven't paid, please send your money to 540 N. Nassau Mesa, AZ 85205.  Once I receive your money I will send the bracelet out.  I have just sent out the first batch of bracelets to those of you that have ordered and paid, so be expecting those in the next few days! :)
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THAT ARE SUPPORTING ME, I am so blessed to have each and everyone of you in my life!!! :) A special thanks to those who I have never met, but continue to support me.  This world continues to surprise me! The kindness of others is so overwhelming in such a positive way!
 
With all my love,
Tanya 

No comments:

Post a Comment