Wednesday, March 27, 2013

STEROIDS...AND MORE

I am a bit of a space Cadette! I was suppose to call last Friday (03.22.13) to Dr. Bibb's office for the results on my mass amounts of blood work.  I have had a lot going on, and just plain forgot. If I don't write it down I won't remember.  I now know what Scott goes through every day. (ha ha) So I finally called them about 530pm on Friday, but the office was already closed.  I remember on Monday with the help of Ashley! Ha ha and I got the results FINALLY!!

I was told all my results look negative and within normal levels.  (For what they tested for that is) So that is great news.  The only test that wasn't back yet was I think for the Leukemia.  That will hopefully be back soon. Then I can really rest at ease. So the next step is to put me on Steroids.  I started those yesterday.  I am on Dexamethazone.  10 pills a day for 5 days.  I will go back in on Monday and do more blood work.  These more than likely will not tell us what is going on, but the blood work the following week will for sure.  These steroids can make me moody (lucky Scott) however I have not experienced this...yet! Ha ha

So that's were we are right now.  Pray the Steroids SMACK my platelets out of it and they start functioning like normal! Then once that happens we can go forward with the next steps. :)

So that's that...

For those of you reading this I know you are my strongest supporters. So I have a big favor to ask of you! I am doing my very first Relay for Life on May 4th, 2013.  The event will start at 6:00PM on Saturday and will be an all night event ending at 530AM on Sunday.  I know it is hard for some of you to commit to 12 hour even on a weekend no less.  I however encourage you to take a step back and think about all those cancer patients that can't just decide not to fight.  This is 12 hours out of your busy lives to help make a difference.  Yes it is a 12 hour event, HOWEVER!  The more team members we have the better off we are! It is a RELAY, so for those runners out there that means you only have to walk as long as you can and when you can't go any longer you tag a team member in to replace you.  It will be a lot of fun.  We will camp at the field, we will decorate out camp, and they will have much going on this day as far as events, including a luminaries ceremony.  This will for sure be an memorable event and an emotional on at that.  I encourage you all to take a step back and just help to make a difference.  If you can't commit to the full 12 hours, I ask that you at least make a small donation on my teams behalf.  Think about it! :) Every little bit helps.

Thanks,

Tanya

2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Tanya! I'd love to help. Won't be able to make it the race, but let me know how to donate to your team!
    Love, Amber H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly I need to get on here more! haha Amber I didn't see your message until just now, I am sorry...Text me some time 480.272.0386. For those of you that would like to donate go to www.relayforlife.org and make your donation in my teams name, or you can deposit it to any Wells Fargo in the name of HOPE FOR TANYA JOHNSON and I will make the donation for you. Thanks so much for your support TJAMBER! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete