We don't know how or why or even when, but Miracles happen every day in many different shapes and forms.
A miracle has happened to me today!!! :) GOD IS GOOD!!!
Scott and I have been talking about getting a second opinion and I wasn't sure it was the right choice for me. I was pushing back against his suggestion and hard. He called me on Saturday and told me he took it upon himself to call The Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA). He spoke to the ever fabulous Jennifer. She answered all his questions and even remembered who he was when I called back days later to get the same information for myself. I spent about 30-45 minutes on the phone with her. I gave her all my insurance information and she was going to look into my insurance and see if it was even possible from an insurance stand point for me to be seen at CTCA. She called me back later on that afternoon and told me unfortunately I wasn't able to use my insurance and be seen at a Phoenix facility. We were all three bummed of course. She suggested I call back once it rolls to LTD in a few weeks and see if I might be able to use my COBRA. I assured her I would.
I was outside playing with the kids when I got a phone call from Jennifer today. She was calling with exciting news!!!
She told me after I hung up with her she just knew there had to be something she could do for me. So she kept checking and talking to everyone she could think of and what she came up with is this::
- I can't be seen at a Phoenix facility because my insurance won't approve for me to be seen out of network in the area, when there is many in-network physicians I can see and it be covered.
- I can be seen at a facility in another STATE and it be approved using my out of network benefits.
- I have met my out of pocket detectable already and my In-Network has been met as well. So there should be no out of pocket to be seen in Chicago.
So that being said she transferred me to speak to a patient advocate. His name is Marty Marks. He is a very knowledgeable person in his line of work. He answered all my questions and went above and beyond in my eyes. I thank him very much! :) What Marty has informed me is the following...I have condensed to bullet points the gist of my 1 1/2 long conversation with Marty.
- CTCA will PAY for me and a loved one to FLY to CHICAGO for a consultation with CTCA.
- I Will pay a FLAT rate of $75.00 for 6 day stay at a Marriott close to the CTCA Facility.
- After the 6 days if need be and I am still there it's an additional $40.00 a night.
- If I am unable to pay this hotel rate they will work out a payment plan to fit my needs.
- The Consultation takes anywhere from 5-7 days.
- They are equip for 100 inpatient rooms and this is an option as well if need be to avoid the hotel charge.
- I will have my own "treatment room" in which I will stay in while at CTCA for the consultation and the specialists will come to this room to see me and my loved one.
- Once I have seen all the physicians and they will then meet for a round table and come up with a treatment plan.
- Once the Treatment plan is in place I will then be set up to start treatment (TBA).
- Each visit with each physician will be anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half.
- Once the treatment starts (TBA) they will pay for the patient to fly out to Chicago for treatment. The loved one will have to make and pay for their own accommodations to fly to and from Chicago if they want to go.
- They will pick us up from the airport and will provide any transportation to anywhere we might need to go while we are there.
- The provide meals as well for all Organic Gourmet based foods.
I will fill out the paperwork Marty has emailed me and email it back to him. Once this is complete he will then start the process. I don't know when I will be leaving or who is going with me. It will all depend on if Scott has the time off work and able to go. Obviously we will be gone for at least a week if not longer. I am so excited and I feel really good about this. As soon as I know more information I will keep you informed. A lot goes in to getting prepared for this HUGE step.
I am so thankful The Lord has taken us down this path. :)